Mid-Illini Checking Accounts
Mid-Illini offers the right checking account for everyone!
Add "what you want, when you want it" convenience features to your Mid-Illini checking accounts above for FREE:
- FREE ATMs
- FREE ATM card
- FREE Mid-Illini Visa Rewards Debit Card
- FREE 24/7 CUTIE Telephone Teller
- FREE Mobile Money for your cell phone
- FREE online banking
- FREE online bill pay
Not all checking accounts are created equal.
Because Mid-Illini Credit Union is a member-owned, not-for-profit organization, we can offer you better checking options with no unnecessary fees and a ton of conveniences traditional banks can’t provide. Our members are our priority, so whether you want FREE account access from your mobile phone or high-balance dividends, Mid-Illini has a checking account that’s just right for you. Open yours today!
Want to move your checking account to Mid-Illini? We want to help.
Mid-Illini Secure Checking
Protect Your Identity. Be Safe.
Identity fraud is the fastest growing crime in the US. In just the first eight months of 2018, at least 16 major retailers experienced a data breach that affected their customers.
Don’t think it can happen to you? Perhaps it already has, but you don’t have to let it happen again. Take action to protect your personal information right now by opening a Secure Checking account at Mid-Illini. In staying true to our mission of offering responsible, innovative solutions that put people first, Secure Checking is everything you already love about Mid-Illini checking but now includes:
- IDProtect Service
- Cell Phone Protection
- Credit File Monitoring
- Health Discounts and Savings
- $10,000 in Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Lots more money-saving benefits for a low monthly account fee of just $4.95.
Get a Secure Checking account today—
Introducing Cash Rewards High-Interest Checking from Mid-Illini.
Earn 1.35% APY*on the first $25,000 in your Cash Rewards high-interest checking account.
Do you keep excess funds? Convert your current checking account to Cash Rewards and earn massive cash rewards on your checking account balance, up to $25,000!
Plus, we'll refund up to $25 per month in ATM fees.
No minimum balance required. No penalties.
Just meet these easy terms and conditions, then we pay you!
- Post a minimum of $300 in debit card transactions each month
(signature or PIN, both count!)
- Sign up for FREE online banking AND e-Statements
- Receive a total of at least $300 in direct deposits every month
- Make at least three payments totaling at least $300 to third parties with FREE online bill pay**
- Personal accounts only (no business accounts, trust or estate accounts, etc.)
- Only one Cash Rewards account per household
No worries - if you don't meet the terms and conditions this month, you're still in the program, and you can try again next month. You'll still earn the interest-bearing checking account dividend rate.
*APY: Annual Percentage Yield accurate as of 8/11/2022. Rates are subject to change without notice. All dividends will be paid monthly. Each month in which you fulfill the terms of your Cash Rewards High-Interest Checking account, dividends for any balance over $25,000 will earn 0.15% APY. If the terms of this account are not met, you will earn 0.03% APY on the entire balance in your account. You will return to earning the applicable Cash Rewards interest rate in the next month in which you meet the terms of this account.
**After 90 days of inactivity in the online bill pay system, your account will be assessed a fee of $7.
Money Market Accounts
Earn even more!
- Minimum balance just $2,500
- Earn dividends every month
(on average daily balances over $2,500)
- Unlimited deposits
- Make up to six withdrawals each month
- Ask for details or see disclosure documents
Earn SIX TIMES the return with a Mid-Illini Money Market Account!
Call Sean at 309.661.1166 for more information or send him an e-mail at
Money Market Accounts are not meant to be transactional and are limited to six withdrawals per month. Other rules apply. Rates subject to change without notice.
Simply Stripes Checking
- Open for just $25
- No minimum balance
- No monthly fees
- Unlimited checking/savings
Other terms and conditions may apply;
Platinum Stripes Checking
- Competitive, interest-bearing account
- Minimum balance just $1,000
- Earn dividends every month
(on average daily balances over $1,000)
- Unlimited checking/savings
- Just for members over age 50
- One FREE box of Mid-Illini-issued checks every year
- Reduced rate money orders
- FREE notary service
- FREE domestic wire transfers
(for amounts of $1,000+)
Take your next shot at A SECOND CHANCE with a Mid-Illini CHECKING LITE Second Chance Checking Account.
- Open for just $25
- FREE debit card
- $10 minimum daily balance required
- $5 per month additional fee if balance falls below $10
- $5 monthly service charge or FREE when you set up direct deposit
- Upgrade to Simply Stripes or Cash Rewards after 12 months in good standing.
Everyone finds they're a little short on checking account funds occasionally. If you've subtracted wrong or overspent a little, we have you covered.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative, Mid-Illini wants to help protect you from these occasional mistakes. Overdraft Courtesy Protection (ODC) is available to members who meet eligibility requirements.
Overdraft Courtesy has you covered if you:
- Find your checking account running a little short between paydays
- Occasionally make an honest mistake in your checkbook
- Find yourself with unforeseen expenses
Overdraft Courtesy covers your overdrafts up to $500 for the following transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- We will charge you an NSF fee of up to $40 each time we pay an overdraft. See complete NSF Fee Schedule details here.
- At our discretion, we will cover overdrafts up to $500
NOTE: We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any transaction.
Standard Overdraft Courtesy Protection does not apply to your everyday debit card transactions unless you specifically opt-in. If you want Mid-Illini to pay your everyday debit card transactions when insufficient funds exist in your account, you must return the ODC Opt-In Form to Mid-Illini Credit Union.
Overdraft Courtesy Protection (ODC) is a discretionary program. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
Review the Mid-Illini Discretionary Overdraft Courtesy Protection Policy
Save time and money with Mid-Illini Direct Deposit!
Direct deposit is a free service that lets your employer deposit your paycheck directly into your Mid-Illini checking or savings account. Most employers offer this service but ask at work to be sure.
As fast and friendly as our tellers are, this is a great way to save time from waiting in the drive-up lanes or teller lines on a Friday afternoon!
Even better, direct deposit is a great way to help you save money. By directing your funds straight to your checking, savings, or other Mid-Illini accounts, you are less likely to withdraw as much and spend it.
Would you like your money to go to more the one account? No problem. You can split up your direct deposit into different Mid-Illini accounts:
- Loan payments
- Christmas Club
- MILES Club Savings accounts for kids
Don’t have a Mid-Illini checking account? Open one today or call Member Services now to find out the best way to manage your direct deposits!
Your hard-earned money will appear in your checking or savings every pay period. And you can easily track the transactions anytime through your Mid-Illini Online Banking account.